LA Drones in Construction 6-Hour Package Course Syllabus
|Drones in Construction 6-Hour Package|
This 6-Hour package contains two courses.
Course #1: LA Drones in Construction
Course #2: Successful Site Design
Course #1: Drones in Construction
3HR Online CE
Drones are the new tool companies are raving about for their marketing and personal use. There are many potential uses for drones in the construction industry, but there are rules and regulations set in place that currently don’t allow them. So why should you care? Because you need to stay up to date with technology and ahead of the competition. This course is designed to familiarize business owners with the practical use of drone technology. The following topics will be discussed:
- Types of UAV/Drone Technology
- Federal Rules and Regulations associated with UAVs
- Cost of Drones (Pros and Cons)
- Drones in your Industry (overview)
- Acquiring Images
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Become knowledgeable about available technology and proper use of drones.
- Learn the basics of aerial survey and mapping.
- Explain the FAA application process for an FAA 333 Exemption.
- Learn the benefits of UAV application in marketing and advertising.
DRONES IN CONSTRUCTION
Overview (20 Minutes)
3. Overhead Imagery
Types of Drones (25 Minutes)
1. Large Platform
2. Most Popular
3. First Person View
Federal Rules and Regulations (15 Minutes)
1. Drone Act
2. FAA 333 Exemption
3. Minimum Requirements
4. FAA Recommendations
Costs (20 Minutes)
1. More FAA Recommendations
2. How Drones can Help
3. Realistic Costs of Drones
Industry Uses (20 Minutes)
6. Pros and Cons
Surveying and Mapping (25 Minutes)
1. New Technology
2. Real Estate
6. Placement of Materials
7. Site Access
Measuring and Scanning (15 Minutes)
1. Measuring Stockpiles
2. Roof Inspections
Marketing and Advertising (15 Minutes)
1. Real Estate
2. Resort and Hotel
4. Brand Awareness
Security (25 Minutes)
1. FCC Rules on Jamming
2. Airport and Port Security
3. Event Protection
Final Assessment: 20 Questions
Successful Site Design for Architects
While land developers are seeking to maximize their land use and minimize their development costs, governmental regulations are applying pressures on budgets that can kill a project. Architects are being relied upon to steer site decisions and engineering professionals in order to produce cost-effective and functional designs that meet the myriad of growing municipal requirements. In this 3 hour, fully narrated course you will learn to navigate your entire team through the challenges and pit falls of site development, all the time with an eye toward building design.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the process of securing the appropriate information that will help to develop a scope, schedule, and budget.
- Be able to develop a building program, including site selection, utilization, and wayfinding.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on site standards and utility coordination.
- Summarize the steps that must be taken to in order to move forward with approvals, bidding, and construction.
Lesson One: Securing Information
1. Pre-Design: Scope, Terms, Responsibilities, Permits
2. Securing Information: Services, Surveys, Contaminants, Authorities, Fees
Lesson Two: Programming and Site Evaluation
1. Programming: Basics
2. Site Evaluation: Utilities, Site Constraints
Lesson Three: Site Selection, Utilization, and Wayfinding
1. Site Selection: Restrictions, Storm Water, Landscaping, Parking
Lesson Four: Laying Out the Design
1. Layout: Fire Lanes, Traffic, Space Considerations
Lesson Five: Site Standards
2. Site Lighting
Lesson Six: Utility Coordination
1. Water Service
3. Storm Water Management
4. Franchise Utilities
Lesson Seven: Preparing a Site Plan
Lesson Eight: Documents and Contract Administration
1. Documentation: Drawings, Lighting, Paving, Utilities, Landscaping, GPS
2. Construction Administration
- Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
- This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
- Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.