Public Works, HVAC, Plumbing, Construction Manager, and Electrical contractors are required to be licensed with the Division of Building Safety and need only register with the Idaho State Contractors Board if doing work outside of that license. All others who engage in construction or contracting activities must apply for registration.

1.  Go to and fill out an Application for Contractor Registration
2.  Attach both General Liability and Workman’s Compensation Insurance Certificates
3.  Sign and have the application notarized
4.  Attach the fee of $30

Mail to:

Idaho Contractors Board
Bureau of Occupational Licenses
700 West State Street
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID  83720
Phone:  208-334-3950


No. Renewal is annual. If you are registering as an individual person, your first registration will expire on your next birthday plus 12 months and must be renewed to allow continued practice. A renewal notice will be sent approximately 6 weeks prior to the expiration date to the mailing address you provide.


No, only Registration

Anyone engaging in construction in Idaho must be registered

Information is continually added and updated. Please check back

Scott Corbat is a fantastic instructor, he knocked it out of the park. The presentation of the course was not only informative, it was really fun and kept the class interested. The course was more tha…

Chuck Dornbus from Zeeland, MI
Chat with us