2012 Energy, Residential and Building Code Updates
This three hour course provides an overview of the most recent editions of the 2012 International Residential Code, International Building Code and the International Energy Conservation Code. The International Residential Code® (IRC®) was created to serve as a complete, comprehensive code regulating the construction of single-family houses, two-family houses (duplexes) and buildings consisting of three or more townhouse units. More complex buildings like multiplex apartment and commercial buildings fall within the scope of the International Building Code® (IBC®) . The 2012 International Energy Conservation Code® (IECC®) requires more insulation, a tighter envelope, tighter ducts, better windows, and more efficient lighting than the 2009 IECC.
Chapter 1- 2012 Residential Code
1. R101 Title, Scope and Purpose- R202 Definitions
3. R301 Design Criteria- R318 Protection Against Subterranean Termites
4. R319 Site Address- R404 Foundation and Retaining Walls
5. R405 Foundation Drainage- R507 Decks
6. R601 Wall Construction General- R702 Interior Covering
7. R703 Exterior Covering- N1103 Systems
Chapter 2- 2012 Building Code
1. 101 General- 107 Submittal Documents
2. 108 Temporary Structures- 116 Unsafe Structures and Equipment
3. 202 Definitions
4. 302 Classification- 311 General
5. 402 Covered Mall- 414 Hazardous Materials
6. 503 Building Height/Area Limitations- 717 Ducts and Transfer Openings
7. 718 Concealed Spaces- 1027 Exit Discharge
8. 1203 Ventilation- 1610 Soil Lateral Loads
9. 1615 Structural Integrity- 2303 Minimum Standards
Chapter 3- 2012 Energy Code
1. Purpose and Application
2. Section C101 Scope and General Requirements- Section 303 Design Conditions
3. Section C401 General (Commercial Buildings)- Section C405 Electrical Power and Lighting Systems
4. Section C407 Total Building Performance- Section R401 General Residential
6. Duct Design
7. Window Selection
- To have access to our online courses students must have access to a high-speed internet connection.
- Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
- Students have six months to complete this course.
- Student policies and procedures are always available by going to www.licensetobuild.com and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).